WELCOME to DOGGIE DAYCARE
Seneca Hill’s daycare program for dogs, named in WASHINGTONIAN’s “BEST,” is a healthy and fun-filled alternative to leaving your dog home alone. Our experienced staff is ready to give out lots of hugs, kisses and belly rubs as they help our doggie day campers have a great time.
Our daycare program is fun, which is why we call it our doggie day camp. The carefully planned program, designed to keep pets active and stress-free, allows dogs to make new friends, expend extra energy and perhaps lose a few pounds, all while having a great time.
After a day of adult-supervised activity with other dogs of the same size and demeanor your dog will return home relaxed and happy, tidied up and exhausted.
And you will know that your pet has had a great day!
DAYCARE PROGRAM and BENEFITS
Doggie day camp at Seneca Hill offers a unique social program that our experienced staff has carefully developed and lovingly monitors. Each day is a structured blend of play and rest periods designed to keep our campers’ interest and energy levels high.
Rest periods are important for campers to calm down and rejuvenate. Due to the high level of activity, we provide appropriate snacks and refreshments, which make rest periods highly anticipated.
Day camp benefits include:
- Physical Activity
- Weight Management
- Human Interaction
- Happier, More Content Pets
- Deters Destructive Behavior at Home
- Reinforces Basic Manners
Seneca Hill’s spacious outdoor play areas and specially designed indoor space are ideal for day camp activities. Security cameras both outside and inside help keep our campers safe, as do the double and triple doors at exits.
Inside our fully enclosed building, twenty-four heating and air conditioning units provide year-round comfort and complete air changes every five minutes, while ultra-violet lights in all ducts help kill odor-causing and other airborne bacteria.
In case of a medical emergency our day camp has a full-service, AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital right on the premises.
If you have an emergency and are unable to pick your camper up until the following day, Seneca Hill also has a luxury five-paw resort onsite where your pet can comfortably spend the night.
MEET OUR DAYCARE DIRECTORS
A devoted animal lover, Linda has spent more than thirty years working with all types of animals, great and small. She has always had a special place in her life for dogs. Linda has developed a broad range of skills and knowledge as a veterinary technician, groomer, obedience trainer, competitor, instructor and behavior counselor. Linda’s wide range of expertise and her gentle love make day camp at Seneca Hill a wonderful and very special experience for your dog.
Nancy is a most valued member of the Seneca Hill team. Her exuberant personality and deep love of dogs has contributed to the development of the finest, most exclusive doggie daycare program in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
With Linda and Nancy in charge, it’s no wonder that our campers never want to leave Seneca Hill!
DAYCARE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To keep all of our campers happy and safe each applicant must meet the following admission requirements. In addition, we recommend that campers be on a monthly heartworm prevention regimen and be treated with a monthly flea and tick control product.
- Must be at least twelve weeks old.
- Must be spayed or neutered if they are more than nine months old.
- Rabies Vaccine administered at least two weeks before admission and current per manufacturer. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a Rabies vaccine on admission. Puppies must be vaccinated by sixteen weeks, but it is not necessary to have a two-week waiting period.
- DHPP Vaccine administered at least two weeks before admission and current per your veterinarian. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a DHPP vaccine on admission. Puppies must be current in their series of vaccine injections. Vaccination titers done within the past year showing protective immunity for Distemper virus and Parvovirus are also acceptable.
- Bordetella Vaccine administered at least five days but not more than six months before admission. This also applies to puppies. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a Bordetella vaccine on admission.
- Fecal Examination must be negative within one year of admission and must be completed at least 48 hours prior to admission.
- 45-minute Temperament and Compatibility Interview.
- Additional Evaluation in a Social Situation during your pet’s first day at camp.
|Morning Session||7:30 am – 9:30 am||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm|
|Afternoon Session||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||5:30 pm – 7:30 pm|
|Full Day||7:30 am – 9:30 am||5:30 pm – 7:30 pm|
Holiday schedules vary, so please check with our staff.
The cost of a half day session is $28.00.
The cost of a full day session is $44.00.
Because doggie day camp at Seneca Hill is a personalized, limited enrollment program, please make reservations at least 24 hours in advance to assure a place in any daily session.
It is also advisable to set a regular schedule for your camper, such as every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, or Monday through Friday, or every Thursday.