Seneca Hill Animal Hospital in Great Falls, VA
Serving Our Community’s Pets Since 1981
For over 30 years, Seneca Hill has provided top quality veterinary care at competitive prices. Our AAHA-accredited hospital is ranked among the best veterinary hospitals in the nation and has been recognized by the community for its excellence. Seneca Hill has the highest rating from Washington Consumers’ Checkbook, and our veterinarians and hospital have repeatedly been included in Washingtonian’s “BEST,” categories.
Schedule your next appointment today by calling (703) 420-7083 or contacting us online.
The Seneca Hill medical team is committed to providing quality care for your pet and outstanding service for you. Our doctors are supported by an experienced team of licensed veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, specialists, and other animal health care professionals.
Our dedicated doctors enjoy being your pet’s family physician, and they strive to develop long-term relationships with you and your pets. From teaching care solutions for new puppies and kittens to counseling on chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer, our doctors and staff are here to help.
A Wide Variety of Services
Seneca Hill is a general practice of veterinary medicine, surgery, and dentistry, and we provide a wide variety of services for your pet.
These services include:
- Surgery: Our hospital has fully equipped general surgery suites. We use isoflurane gas anesthesia and monitor patients closely during all procedures. Because pets generally are more comfortable at home, we try to send them home the same day as their surgery.
- Dentistry: Our experienced staff is trained to provide the basic dental care that is essential to your pet’s overall health, including routine scaling, polishing, x-rays, and extractions. Many of our clients elect to have dental work performed while their pet is still under anesthesia from a surgical procedure.
- Pharmacy: Our convenient in-hospital pharmacy offers many medications and products that your pet is likely to need, including products for fleas, ticks, and heartworm. If you contact us in advance, your medication refills can be ready for you to pick up.
- Laboratory services: We run many tests in our own lab, which helps us diagnose and treat your pet as quickly as possible. Tests which are not performed in-house are sent to an outside lab.
- Radiology: Seneca Hill is equipped to perform digital radiographs and contrast studies in-house. This modern technology allows us to easily share x-rays with specialists when needed.
- Ultrasound: With our modern ultrasound equipment, the hospital is able to promptly diagnose various medical conditions in-house.
- Electrocardiograms: We are also equipped to evaluate EKGs in-house, and we use telemedicine to get opinions from specialists when needed.
Senior Wellness and Hospice Care
Because pets are now living longer, Seneca Hill is particularly focused on helping your senior pet enjoy a better quality of life. It is our aim to help your pet age comfortably and with dignity. Our wellness programs can help you detect age-related conditions in a timely fashion, resulting in a wider choice of treatment options and better outcomes. Our veterinarians and staff can help you choose the best available treatment option for your beloved senior pet.
If your pet needs the care of a veterinary specialist, Seneca Hill is part of a strong referral network in the Greater Washington Area.
Learn more by calling (703) 420-7083.
Real StoriesFrom Real Owners
“Love this place, and so do my little guys!”- Christine Isakson
“I have complete confidence in them.”- Mickie Stalcup
“Dr. Welsh is AWESOME”- Lisa Toohey
What Makes Us the Right Choice for Your Pet?Striving to keep your beloved pets healthy and happy
Wide Variety of Services
Seneca Hill is a family-owned, state-of-the-art pet care facility where veterinarians, technicians, resort hosts, and doggie daycare specialists, grooming stylists, swim instructors and trainers are all committed to excellence in pet care and client service.
Our veterinary hospital consistently won the highest rating from WASHINGTON CONSUMERS’ CHECKBOOK and has repeatedly been voted one of the “BEST” veterinary hospitals in the WASHINGTONIAN magazine.
Our AAHA-accredited hospital is ranked among the best veterinary hospitals in the nation. This accreditation is an honor that only 5 percent of veterinarian hospitals around the nation receive.