Seneca Hill Dog Daycare Services in Great Falls, VA
Serving Our Community’s Pets Since 1981
Our dog daycare program at Seneca Hill was named in Washingtonian’s “BEST,” category. As a healthy and fun-filled alternative to leaving your dog home alone, our experienced staff is ready to give out lots of hugs, kisses, and belly rubs as they help our doggie day campers have a great time.
Learn more about enrolling your dog in our doggie daycare program by calling (703) 420-7083.
Daycare at Seneca Hill is fun, which is why we call it our “doggie day camp.” The carefully planned program is designed to keep pets active and stress-free, allow dogs to make new friends, expend extra energy (maybe lose a few pounds), and have a great time. After a day of adult-supervised activity with other dogs of the same size and demeanor, your dog will return home relaxed and happy, tidied up, and exhausted.
Daycare Program & Benefits
Doggie day camp at Seneca Hill offers a unique social program that our experienced staff has carefully developed and lovingly monitors. Every day is a structured blend of play and rest periods designed to keep our campers’ interest and energy levels high.
Rest periods are important for campers to calm down and rejuvenate. Due to the high level of activity, we provide appropriate snacks and refreshments, which make rest periods highly anticipated.
Day camp benefits include:
- Physical activity
- Weight management
- Human interaction
- Happier, more content pets
- Deterring destructive behavior at home
- Reinforcing basic manners
Seneca Hill’s spacious outdoor play area and specially designed indoor space are ideal for day camp activities. Security indoor and outdoor cameras help keep campers safe, as do the double and triple doors at exits.
Inside our fully enclosed building, 24 heating and air conditioning units provide year-round comfort and complete air changes every 5 minutes, while ultraviolet lights in all ducts help kill odor-causing and other airborne bacteria.
In case of a medical emergency, our day camp has a full-service, AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital on the premises.
If you have an emergency and are unable to pick your camper up until the following day, Seneca Hill also has a luxury five-paw resort onsite where your pet can comfortably spend the night.
Daycare Admission Requirements
To keep all of our campers happy and safe, each applicant must meet certain admission requirements. In addition, we recommend that campers be on a monthly heartworm prevention regimen and be treated with a monthly flea and tick control product.
All day campers must:
- Be at least 12 weeks old.
- Have a rabies vaccine administered at least two weeks before admission and be current per the manufacturer. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a rabies vaccine on admission. Puppies must be vaccinated by 16 weeks, but it is not necessary to have a two-week waiting period.
- Have a DHPP vaccine administered at least two weeks before admission and be current per your veterinarian. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a DHPP vaccine on admission. Puppies must be current in their series of vaccine injections. Vaccination titers done within the past year showing protective immunity for Distemper and Parvovirus are also acceptable.
- Have a Bordetella vaccine administered at least five days, but not more than six months, before admission. This also applies to puppies. If your dog is less than one month overdue, we can administer a Bordetella vaccine on admission.
- Have a fecal examination come back negative within one year of admission and be completed at least 48 hours prior to admission.
- Undergo a 45-minute temperament and compatibility interview. There is a $31.50 fee for this evaluation.
Our daycare is open during the following hours from Monday – Friday:
- Morning Session: 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m., 2:00 p.m – 4:00 p.m.
Holiday schedules vary, so please check with our staff.
The cost of a half-day session is $31.50, while a full day costs $49.00.
Because doggie day camp at Seneca Hill is a personalized and limited enrollment program, please make reservations at least 24-hours in advance to assure a place in any daily session. It is also advisable to set a regular schedule for your camper, such as every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or Monday through Friday, or even every Thursday.
To request a daycare appointment, call (703) 420-7083 now.
Real StoriesFrom Real Owners
“Love this place, and so do my little guys!”- Christine Isakson
“I have complete confidence in them.”- Mickie Stalcup
“Dr. Welsh is AWESOME”- Lisa Toohey
What Makes Us the Right Choice for Your Pet?Striving to keep your beloved pets healthy and happy
Wide Variety of Services
Seneca Hill is a family-owned, state-of-the-art pet care facility where veterinarians, technicians, resort hosts, and doggie daycare specialists, grooming stylists, swim instructors and trainers are all committed to excellence in pet care and client service.
Our veterinary hospital consistently won the highest rating from WASHINGTON CONSUMERS’ CHECKBOOK and has repeatedly been voted one of the “BEST” veterinary hospitals in the WASHINGTONIAN magazine.
Our AAHA-accredited hospital is ranked among the best veterinary hospitals in the nation. This accreditation is an honor that only 5 percent of veterinarian hospitals around the nation receive.