Keeping Your Pet Safe is Our Top Priority!
Seneca Hill’s top priority right now is the safety of our team and clients. In order to continue providing care for our patients while keeping within the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations regarding the transmission of COVID-19, we have established the following protocol for curbside service:
- If you show signs of illness that could be associated with COVID-19 (fever or chills, flu-like symptoms, cough, trouble breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), have had contact with an individual who has tested positive for or shows symptoms of COVID-19, or have travelled to high risk areas, please remain at home.
- We will be operating through curbside service for everyone’s safety. Clients will not be permitted to enter the building at this time.
- Please have your cat in a carrier and/or your dog on a leash when you arrive for your pet’s appointment.
- Please bring your cell phone and a notepad to take notes on.
- If the receptionist has sent you any forms electronically, please print, fill out and bring them with you to your visit.
- When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, please park in front, and call the office at (703) 450-6760 to let us know you have arrived.
- A team member will then collect appropriate information over the phone regarding your visit (reason for visit; health and/or behavior concerns; surgical authorization; grooming specifications; etc.).
- One adult should come to the front door with the pet (or to pick up medication or supplies).
- Please stay on the premises during your pet’s appointment so we can communicate with you and return your pet as quickly as possible. A doctor or team member will contact you if additional information is needed.
- If there is a bump, lameness or specific area of concern on your pet, we ask that you please email us an image or video that illustrates the concern (point at the bump, document the lameness, etc.) or identify the area on your pet (by clipping fur or marking with Sharpie).
- If your pet is here for a medical exam, the doctor will call you after evaluating the animal to confirm history, go over findings, discuss possible diagnoses, recommend a treatment plan, and of course answer any questions.
- A team member will take credit card payments over the phone and arrange meeting at the doors to return your pet.
- You can expect our staff to wear a face mask for your safety and the safety of their colleagues and we ask you to also wear a face mask or covering when utilizing our curbside services.
Thank you for helping us all stay safe during this time, and especially for your patience as we continue to care for your beloved pets. We wish you safe and healthy days to come.
The Team at Seneca Hill Animal Hospital, Resort & Spa